Friday, March 25, 2011

She Loves Art!

I have been taking the most amazing online art class by Christy Tomlinson, "The She Art Workshop". I can't say enough fabulous things about her talent, her teaching abilities and her creativity. There will be another session beginning mid-April, so if you are looking for a self-paced class to broaden your horizons artistically and creatively this is definitely it!

I'm a wee bit behind seeing as week 3 just finished up and I've only created my She Art Girls through week 1, but that is the great thing about an online class - no pressure to meet a deadline so you can create as you have time.

Without further adieu, I present my first 3 She Art Girls:

My first girl is titled "She Felt Peace In The Midst Of The Storm" and I am pretty proud of how she turned out. I started with painting the entire canvas in a pretty shade of turquoise blue and then added paper for the next layer. The clouds were made using modeling paste mixed with blue paint - I really love how the texture turned out! I then added paint, stamps & rub-ons until I was happy with the overall look.




My second girl is titled "She Built Her Wings On The Way Down" and I have to admit that I was not totally in love with how this girl turned out initially, but have come to embrace the imperfections of this canvas. I started with a layer of purple paint followed with a layer of white tissue paper to achieve a crinkled look. Then I added some modeling paste using a stencil and painted & inked over that once it dried. Paint, stamps, rub-ons, wooden stars and some final inking finished it off.




My third girl for week 1 is titled "She Was Happy To Be Herself" and once again I was not totally smitten after I finished her, but am now really happy with the bold colors and how it all came together. I started with painting the canvas red and then layering paint, stamps & rub-ons. Her outfit turned out really cute and the crown rub-on was a last-minute addition but I think it adds a bit of quirkiness.






Thanks for stopping by! I'll post more She Art Girls as I get them finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment